The Brompton Design District is a partnership between leading international brands, much loved independent retailers, neighbourhood restaurants and cultural institutions.
These businesses joined forces in 2007 with a view to revitalising the heritage of the area as a place where people come together to share, enjoy and learn about design in its broadest sense; design, culture, fashion and food.
With its world class museums, design showrooms and restaurants, Brompton is an all year round destination that offers something for all the family: a day out that will leave you culturally and physically sated.
It is the leading district within the annual London Design Festival. The pop-up programme, curated by Jane Withers encourages design that adds meaning and value to our everyday lives. As a platform for emerging designers, it further adds to the energy and dynamism of the area.
1. Light Projection by Dominic Lippa of Pentagram for London Design Festival 2007
2. The Brompton Quarterly, Autumn 2008
3. Martino Gamper’s 100 Chairs in 100 Days at 5 Cromwell Place, 2008
4. Edward Barber and Jay Osgerby in conversation with Vicky Richardson at B&B Italia, 2012
5. Michael Anastassiades at 235 Brompton Road, London Design Festival 2011
6. Super-Natural by Faye Toogood at The Garage, 1 North Terrace, 2010
7. Young Creative Poland at 5 Cromwell Place, London Design Festival 2009