Past Exhibition

Bibendum

Michelin House, Fulham Road, SW3 6RD

14 September—22 September 2012

9AM- 10PM

  • 1-Bibendum-exterior-building
  • 2-Lobster-Bibendum

Originally the British head quarters for the French tyre company Michelin in 1911, the Michelin Building was lovingly restored to a restaurant, shop and office space in 1986.  It was bought from Michelin by Sir Terence Conran and the late Lord Paul Hamlyn who had long admired it.

Dining at Bibendum Restaurant is a visual feast as well as a treat for the taste buds. During the day, light streams through the spectacular stained glass windows.  Comfy chairs and well-spaced tables add to the feeling of space.  The evening brings a sense of glamour and elegance and the right combination of welcome, attentiveness and professionalism has been honed to perfection over the restaurant’s 24-year history.

Head Chef, Matthew Harris continues Simon Hopkinson’s legacy of producing classic French food with a strong British influence.  The restaurant is open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week, offering a prix fixe 3 course lunch menu for £30.  The menu is a la carte every evening except Sunday when the supper menu offers extraordinary value at £30 for 3 courses.

Bibendum’s Oyster Bar is more informal than the restaurant, with tiles and pictures depicting great motor races of the past.  There is a focus on seafood but plenty of non-fishy choices to keep everyone happy.  Open all day, from noon, seven days a week, this is a wonderful spot to watch the world go by while enjoying a glass of Champagne. There are references to the Michelin Man all over the building; a wonderful mosaic of Monsieur Bibendum can be found on the floor of the Oyster Bar lobby.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.